The Royal Gardens are a green area of extraordinary monumental and environmental value. They cover a total area of about seven hectares, bordered on the north and east by the bastions of the ancient city walls, and on the south and west by the Royal Palace and its annexed buildings.

The first sector is the Ducal Garden, a regular-shaped space characterized by the presence of a modern gushing fountain. Following the perimeter of the ancient city wall is the Green Bastion, a small pavilion recognizable by its characteristic sloping roof, overlooking the Grove with its 19th-century layout, which houses the installation Precious Stones by artist Giulio Paolini.

The largest sector of the Royal Gardens is the East Garden, of which the structure is based on a system of avenues that create scenic perspectives. A central axis is enclosed by tree-lined paths, generating a spectacular perspective view of the Fountain of the Tritons, created around 1757 by sculptor Simone Martinez.

Among the trees which surround the East Garden, the majority are plane trees, lime trees and horse chestnuts, while at the centre of the southern parterre is a rare weeping beech, dating back to the late 19th century and among the oldest and most majestic in Piedmont.

giardini-reali-musei-reali-torino

ROYAL GARDENS IN PHOTOS

VISIT OTHER SECTIONS OF THE MUSEUM COMPLEX

PALAZZO-REALE-Musei-Reali-Torino
armeria-reale-musei-reali-torino
Cappella-Sacra-Sindone-musei-reali-torino
galleria-sabauda-musei-reali-torino
museo-antichita-musei-reali-torino
giardini-reali-Torino-musei-reali
biblioteca-reale-musei-reali-torino

ROYAL PALACE

ROYAL ARMOURY

CHAPEL OF THE HOLY SHROUD

SAVOY GALLERY

ARCHAEOLOGICAL MUSEUM

ROYAL GARDENS

ROYAL LIBRARY